Saturday 11 November 2017

Fidget Spinner

Hello and welcome, I wasn't sure about making this card but so glad I did as my nephew Jack was so impressed with it it was the first thing he showed people when they came with cards and presents. "Mum" wasn't amused as she'd spent a fortune on an Xbox game for him. He even took it to school to show class mates.

I came across a video on how to make the spinner (which does spin) on Youtube and decided to make one for him, but then I hit problems. I couldn't get my hands on one, my grandchildren all had them some time ago, so asked my daughter if I could borrow one to make a template but she said they'd all got broken (my little lovelies, are not very toy friendly) so then the hunt for a fidget spinner began.  It took me over a month to find one, but it was well worth it when my sister told me how much he liked it. 

As you can see I'm not good at fussy cutting but he didn't look to closely at the edges it seems, and the rest was quite easy to do.

If you go to Youtube and type in bettysstampingcrazy fidget spinner it's the first video that comes up.


The materials used are:
(r) = retired, (nsu) = non stampin’ up

Card stock: Basic Gray, Real Red, Silver Foil, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red
Stamp sets: Happiest Birthday Wishes (r),Tie Dyed (r)
Punches: !/2, 3/4, 1, 11/4 circles 
Accessories:Candy dots (r)

Betty’s stamping crazy video

Will be back again soon with more cards
Love Annette x

I have never enjoyed a hobby so much and would love to help you get started. If you'd like to have a go and live in the Walsall area of the West Midlands contact me and I will be happy to help you. Click the Contact Me above for how to get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment